A writer, reporter and photographer working in Manhattan.
DNAinfo New York – Upper East Side, Murray Hill, Midtown East, N.Y.
Reporter/Producer (June 2015 – Present)
- Responsible for pitching and producing multiple stories per day on numerous topics, including crime and breaking news, government, education, real estate and business.
- Cultivates sources and uses the web and social media, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, to generate story ideas and connect with readers.
- Serves as an editor on the news desk as needed.
The Southampton Press & The East Hampton Press – Southampton, N.Y.
Reporter (January 2011 – June 2015)
- Awarded first place for spot news coverage and feature photography by the New York Press Association.
- Covered multiple beats as a general assignment reporter, including feature stories and arts coverage.
- Responsible for producing nearly all news coverage at The East Hampton Press, fostering relationships with sources and government officials, pitching story ideas and contributing to special projects.
Southern Distinction – Athens, Ga.
Editorial Intern (April 2010 – November 2010)
- Worked directly with publisher to obtain new advertisers and subscribers.
- Wrote editorials, articles and profiles about local businesses in Athens, Ga.
Bachelor of Arts in Journalism, University of Georgia, Athens, Ga. December 2010
Major in Publication Management; minor in English; GPA 3.8/4.0
- Member of Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society; Writer for UGAzine Spring 2010; Editorial Board Fall 2010
Previous studies Kennesaw State University, Kennesaw, Ga.
- Writer for Talon Magazine; Member of National Society of Collegiate Scholars and Phi Eta Sigma
Trading It All For A Field of Dreams Third Place for Coverage of Agriculture at the New York Press Association for 2013